Preacher: Apostle Samuel Yaw Antwi.
We live in a corrupt time but unfortunately things will not get better; in this generation, things will only continue to get worse, however we are to be the light of this world. Our God does not fail and He remains the same God spoken about in the bible, if we are to hear the voice of God then we are to study His word. Psalm 119: 9 tells us that we are to conform to the word of God, in Joshua 1: 6-9 we are told to be bold in this age of moral corruption. God has given humanity over to sinful desires, it is similar to a parent who has given up on his or her child and that is why the world will not get any better (Romans 1:21-23). Despite the fact that we live in this perverse world, we are different because the spirit of God dwells in us. Romans 2: 2 tells us why God has given up on mankind; God’s kindness abounds and therefore we should not show contempt to his kindness, we should therefore aspire to live according to the standards of God as laid out in the bible. God never says anything to contradict His standard, what His standard was 1000 years ago is still His standard. God will not change to meet out standard, as believers it is our responsibility to conform to meet His standard, for example homosexuality was a sin when gay marriage was illegal and still remains a sin today, even though the laws of man may have changed.
So how do we keep our lives pure?
- Make a decision to remain loyal to His word, circumstances might change, obeying the word of God may come at a cost but remain loyal for He who has called us is faithful.
- Talk to the Lord in prayer, develop a relationship with God, and speak to Him, by doing so you will know the plans he has for your life and you will also know what He expects from you.
- Commit God’s word to memory as instructed in Psalm 119:11 and Joshua 1:8. When God lives in our heart, He directs our path through His word and the instructions of the Holy Spirit.
We can observe that there are a lot of false prophets who are deceiving people and abusing the people of God, however this is only possible because believers are not studying and listening to the bible. Take a stand and decide to live a life in obedience (Psalm 119:14). Finds time to read the word, consult the word of God when making decisions and apply it’s instructions to every area of your life and you will be prosperous. Make God’s word your authoritative guide to live your life and seek God’s presence in all aspects of your life.
Preacher: Apostle Samuel Yaw Antwi
Topic; be a vessel of honor to impact your generation
1stTimothy chapter 2. 1stTimothy, 1:5- 7. 1stTimothy 1:13, 14
As humans we seek excellence in everything we do, this is the nature of man. In Christianity we are encouraged to do the same. The bible lets us know that God is looking for someone to use. We should be people of excellence who God can use in his ministry (1st Timothy 2:20, 21).
Becoming a vessel for God
It is the church’s aim to leave a positive legacy for the next generation and to build a church that will exist until our savior Jesus Christ comes. As members our contribution towards this aim is to allow God to use us for his work. An example of a young man who God used was Timothy. Timothy was a person brought up by Godly parents; his mother and grandmothers were believers and brought him up as such.
The passage in 2ndtimothy is an exhortation by Paul to Timothy after Timothy was made the head of the church in Ephesus. Paul cautioned Timothy to;
- Remember what God had deposited in him, a genuine faith, one based on the word. His faith was obtained from mother and grandmother (1stTimothy, 1:5). In addition was what obtained from the transference from Paul; a man of Gods (1stTimothy, 1:5, 7). Timothy was admonished to fan this faith into a fire for the service of the church.
- Timothy was told to be loyal (1stTimothy 1:13, 14), during the ministry of Paul there were other who had deserted him (1:15). As leaders we are to know who our church leaders are, what the church believes and be loyal to it. We should not be swayed by false doctrines or the sinful world. We should also not be swayed by the circumstances in which we find ourselves but be steadfast and secure in the word of God.
- Christians, especially leaders are not to just guard their faith but also pass it on. There is a responsibility for us to pass on this faith (2ndTimothy 2; 2). As a leader you should let God’s word transform your life and then pass on this life changing power. One avenue through which you could share the word of God is through the use of social media. Leaders are to identify and commit to faithful people who are willing to teach others. The acronym FAT is a reminder of the qualifications for selecting leaders. Leaders should be Faithful, Available and Trustworthy. Someone who does not have these qualities should not accept the calling to serve in the church.
We must take steps to prepare ourselves so God can use us. In the passage Paul told Timothy to;
- Share in the suffering of Christ and forsake some of the comfort. We should know that service is not easy and requires financial and non-financial sacrifices (2 Timothy 2:3).
- Follow the rules. Christians particularly leaders who want to be vessels of honor should know and obey the word of God (2 Timothy 2:5)
- Strive for excellence and seek approval from God, and find pride in the service of God (1stTimothy 2:15)
- Shun unnecessary things like profane and idle talk which can make him stray away from the truth (1st Timothy2:16-18)
- Desires to be a vessel of honor, he must cleanse himself from things that can defile and cause his dishonor, (1stTimothy 2:21). These includes, but not limited to things like; youthful lusts and avoiding unnecessary arguments which cause strife
- Rather he must pursue positive things such as righteousness, faith, love and peace (2:22). He ought to be gentle to all, be able to teach, be patient, humble, and must have the ability to correct his opponents so that they know the truth (1stTimothy 2:24,25)
Like the vessels in the great house, if we are willing to cleanse ourselves and give God the opportunity to use us, then in spite of what material we are made of, we can become a vessel of honor for God’s service. Like Timothy who may have been timid and fearful, God can use us, if we remove ourselves from unnecessary things, and rather apply ourselves to virtues that will make our progress to be seen by all. We can then be God’s agents in influencing and imparting generations. Leaders in particular should always ask themselves if they are being a role model for young people.
SIN CAN BE REPACKAGED. BE WARE!
Be alert because the devil is always looking for an opportunity to trap you.
As Christians there are obvious sins we hate and try to avoid. But the devil looks for the perfect timing and then repackages the same shameful sin with a “Black Friday” (God) title.
We easily fall for it because of the “cover” or “God” attached to it.
But if we would have the spirit of discernment and carefully “control” the offer, we will understand that it is the same old sin…….anger, lying, sexual sin, usw. Nothing has changed.
Be smart, be discerning, stay away from sin.
Colossians 2:8 NLT
“Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.”
Pentecost International Worship Centre, a branch of the Church of Pentecost in Switzerland is a young, dynamic and vibrant ministry. Our church is a community of friendly and multicultural Christians who purely love to worship and praise God in His presence and in the closeness of others.
If you ever find yourself in Zurich, we would love to welcome you to our service Sundays from 09:30 to 11:30hrs.
You don’t want to miss the authentic, passionate, and energetic praise and worship session.