Mid-Year Fasting and Prayer Day 5
Led by Jessica
🙌🏾Main Scriptures; Ezekiel 22:30 & Luke 22:31-32
Today we are fasting and praying for; Revival, Renewal and RestorationCall it „The three Rs“
1. Renewal of strength. Sometimes we get weary and wanna give up on this journey . But today we are praying and asking God to renew our strength. _„But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.“_ Isaiah 40:30-31
_„He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honour to his name.“ Psalms 23:3 NLT
2. Renewal of a steadfast spirit. That we may stand firm in our belief so that nothing can shake us._„Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.“_Psalms 51:10 _1 Peter 5:10
3. Renewal of our Love for God. God should turn our hearts back to him. „Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lamp stand from its place—unless you repent.“ Revelation 2:4-5 NKJV
“Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” Joel 2:12 NKJV Jeremiah 24:1-10_
The enemy always tries to make us lose faith or discourage us so we stop believing. He tries to weigh us down. He doesn’t want us to elevate or go further in Christ so he takes things from us. Because all he does is steal, kill & destroy (John 10:10)
So we are fasting & praying for;
4.Restoration of faith & anything we might have lost (hope, joy, the fire for God, gifts you used to have etc). If we have lost our faith or are slowly losing it or our faith has just become so weak; We’re asking God to restore our Faith in him & His word. _“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.“_ John 14:1 NLT
_„This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”_ Joshua 1:9 NLT_Joel 2:18-27_
5. Revival of spirits that are still sleeping but are supposed to get up & live and work for God. Christ is coming soon so there’s no time to be spiritually at sleep right now.
_„for the light makes everything visible. This is why it is said, “Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.”_Ephesians 5:14 NLT
_„Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.“_Matthew 24:43-44 NLT_Mark 13:35-37_
6. Revival/Stiring up of the gifts God has given each and everyone of us.
_„However, he has given each one of us a special gift through the generosity of Christ. That is why the Scriptures say, “When he ascended to the heights, he led a crowd of captives and gave gifts to his people.”_Ephesians 4:7-8 NLT_1. Corinthians 12:7-11_
Mid-Year Fasting and Prayer Day 3
Led by Prince
“The Kingdom of God is not going to advance by our churches becoming filled with men, but by men in our churches becoming filled with God” (Howard Spring).
Key Text: And I sought for a man among them, that should make up a hedge, and stand in the gab before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Ez.22:30
Our Lord prayed more earnestly; Luke 22:31-32,44 (Interceding for his disciples)Elijah prayed fervently- James 5:17-18 (stood in the gab)
Effect of fervent prayer of an intercessor.
It turned Israel back to the worship of the true God – 1Kings 18:36-39
It shut the lions’ mouths in the den and so kept Daniel safe – Dan. 6:10-28It saved the lives of the wise men of Babylon – Dan 2:17 (Daniel standing in for them in prayers)Daniel interceded for the people of Isreal (Daniel 9:18-19).
Said the Lord through Jeremiah, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not”. Jer. 33:3
Why an intercessor a need?
1. You become God’s confidant (Gen 18:17-19). 2. Abraham became God’s confidential secretary. 3. You act as a mediator (Exd 32:9-14, Moses stood in for Isreal, Gen. 18:21-33 Abraham stood in for Sodom and Gomorrah. 4. You become an available vessel. ( Ezek 22:29-30)You act as watchman. (Ez. 3:16-17) 5. You are a mobiliser of God’s presence and power (Isa. 62:6-7) 6. You enjoy particular Grace of God (Col. 4:12). 7. You are an agent of revival (Neh. 1:1-4,Luk. 10
Mid-Year fasting and Prayer Day 1
Led by Bridget
Topic: Standing in the gap
This week is dedicated to intercession. But the intercessor needs to be ready as we might face challenges so I`m adding the “5th P”, PREPARATION. We will prepare during the day and then intercede in the evening for people and partners.
Throughout the day prepare yourself spiritually for this week of intercession based on the following Scriptures:
- 2 Samuel 10:12* “Be courageous! Let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. May the LORD’s will be done.”
1) Preparation of mindset: Lets pray to be couragouse and take on the mindset of boldness to intercede for people and partners
1.Peter 5: 8-9
“Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers[a] all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are”
2) Preparation of attitude: Lets pray to be strong in our faith that the enemy can not make u doubt about the effectiveness of our prayers.
“Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.»
3) Preparation to take action: Lets pray that we will understand and USE the authority God has given to us to intercede for His people
Ephesians 6: 10-18
Preparation to be Spiritually ready to intercede for people: Lets pray that we will be armed spiritually to intercede through our fasten and prayer for people and partner throughout the week.
Lockdown Prayer and Fasting Day 5
VISITATION OF THE LAND
Led by Daniel
43 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba
4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give
men for thee, and people for thy life.
5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from
the ends of the earth;
7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have
- We learn here that we are too special for God and we belong to him so will not consume us
- He will do anything he has to do to make sure we are safe
Prayer Point 1 (Acknowledging Him as our Father)
-We pray to thank him for his undying love for us even though we unworthy of his love
- Let’s pray to accept that we have gone astray as his flocks but we have come back home and that he
accept us back even though we don’t deserve it (Romans 3:26)
In these end times, we need to have clean hands, pure hearts to manoeuvre these times. It is imperative to draw close to the Holy Spirit who works in the inner filings of man
Psalm 24:3-43: Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who shall stand in his holy place?
4He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Prayer Point 2
Let’s pray asking God for a purification of our hearts in these times. As we self-quarantine and stay home, May
he Sanitize 1. Our hearts 2. Our minds 3. Elevate our awareness of his presence in our daily lives in these times.
Visitation of his power in these times
11Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus travelled along the border between Samaria and Galilee.
12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud
voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
14When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
- We learn from this scripture that, it doesn’t matter your geographical location when he speaks it comes
- It doesn’t matter the level of your quarantine, authorities obey our masters voice.
- 1t doesn’t matter what distance we stand from each other, if we agree in the spirit – he hears us and he will heal our land
Prayer topic 3
- We are speaking healing into the atmosphere (Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they
that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
- We sending Spiritual revival into the nations of the world. That there shall be an awakening of the spirit
man in these times (Hosea 6:2 – After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that
we may live in his presence.)
- We demand that the grace of God grants us that which we do not deserve that is restoration, peace of
mind in a sound body, heart and soul.
1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Our world as we know it seem to be in a state of darkness, there is total confusion and the authorities of the world are In disarray. The lord is hovering over all of these waiting to fill the earth with his power once again
Prayer topic 4.
- As we bring our fast to close, may the lord fill the Earth and his people with his power once again (Acts
- May he bind us through Christ and strengthen us that none shall be lost in these times (Numbers 31:49)
Our prayer is that from his Mercy seat he will look down on us and remember his promise to us that he will not
leave nor forsake us. That as he moves in his might, he will quicken us, give us the enabling spirit to be lights through the hope we have in Christ Jesus. May he be our strength.
Lockdown Fasting and Prayers Day 4
Led by: Bridget
Change and receive
Psalms 25:8-11 NLT
“The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands. For the honour of your name, O Lord, forgive my many, many sins.”
“The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.””
Psalms 91:14-16 NLT
Prayer point 1
Pray that you will experience a shift in your heart for you to experience different and deeper levels in
- 1) your relationship and love with Christ
- 2) your obedience towards His will for your life
- 3) your trust and faith in Him
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”
James 5:16 NLT
Prayer point 2
Pray that you will experience the power of prayer and the tongue. So that:
- 1)You feel it’s effectiveness and therefore will be lifted up in faith
- 2) You receive throughout the Fasten time and ongoing the deep desire to pray
- 3)You experience a new level in your prayer life
“Your people settled here and built this Temple to honor your name. They said, ‘Whenever we are faced with any calamity such as war, plague, or famine, we can come to stand in your presence before this Temple where your name is honored. We can cry out to you to save us, and you will hear us and rescue us.’”
2 Chronicles 20:8-9 NLT
Prayer point 3
Pray that as God Heard and rescued His people when they cry out for help then, may he also hear our humble cry today as we pray for:
- for an end of this pandemic
- for knowledge and wisdom for leaders and scientists as remedy is being sought
- for healing in all areas: physically, mentally, spiritually, economically
Lockdown Fasting and Prayers Day 3
Led by Vicky
Scripture: Isaiah 59:1-2
“Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.”
(Forgiveness of sins of both Christians and the world)
-Pray that if our sins has made the Lord turn his back on us and we have been separated from him that he will forgive us and show us his face once again.
Scripture: Psalms 86:3 NLT
“Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly.”
-Let’s ask the Lord to be merciful upon us even on his anger
Scripture: Isaiah 64:1 NLT
“Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mountains would quake in your presence!”
-We pray for God to open the heavens by showing up in our lives so that every mountain (Mountain in this case stands for something negative and you know your own mountain) will be moved and destroyed
-Pray that every wall in your life will fall
-Pray that he makes a way as the walls are fallen and the mountains are destroyed
Scripture: Deuteronomy 28:12-13 NKJV
“The LORD will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. And the LORD will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.”
-Prayer for God to show us His goodness and bless the works of our hands.
-Pray that he also helps us to keep his commandments
Scripture: Numbers 31:49-49 NLT
“Then all the generals and captains came to Moses and said, “We, your servants, have accounted for all the men who went out to battle under our command; not one of us is missing!”
-May none of us be missing physical and Spiritually after all this is over.
Lockdown Fasting and Prayer Day 2
Led by Jennifer
My People = Be Called TOGETHER
2 Chronicles 7:14
Then if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land.
Lets use this time to get closer to God. If this is from God then i believe His intention is to shift our focus back to him and if this is from the enemy then lets turn his Intention of getting us From God To getting Closer to him.
Prayer Point 1 Make room
Lets ask God to prepare us, help us to sort out our mess and make room for him. Leviticus 26:10….. We want to MOVE ON!! SPIRITUALLY with Him. Lets not hold on to the old in exclusion of the New
Prayer Point 2 Power of Agreement
After we push harder than before and become more than we imagine on our own, the Bible makes us understand that there is more room. And that is Together! There is power in Unity and power In Agreement.(Deut. 32:30). Lets pray that in a time we get closer to God, We also get closer Together.
Prayer Point 3 Be positioned for his Miracle
Mathew 6: 34/Joshua 3
In the midst of all that is going on it is hard to not feel fear. But let us move from looking for fear whilst seeking faith. Lets pray that God will position us to hold on to his word day by day so that we are positioned right when he pour out his spirit. May we not cloud our faith with fear (News, social media, guilty myself) but rather TOGETHER we shall deal with TODAY and God will goahead of us to TOMORROW so that we position ourselves right DAILY
Lockdown Fasting and Prayer Day 1
Led by Esther
Main Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- Remind God of his word in 2 Chronicles 7:14 and ask Him to have mercy on us and forgive us our sins. Ask him to heal our land, to heal our nation and heal our world. Intercede on behalf of everyone that comes to your mind
- Psalm 91:1-11 Ask God to protect and watch over you and your loved ones. Ask God to cover you with his feather, and hide you under his wings. Ask God to help you to not fear evil but rather walk you through this corona- crises Zechariah 2:5.
- Ask God that He himself should be a wall of fire around you and your loved ones.
- Ask God to make you sensitive and let you become more aware of His presence in this SEASON. Ask Him to let you experience the glory of His goodness. Ask him to help you to take advantage of this season, so that the lesson and the blessings that this season comes with will not pass you by.